Land Use Development Procedures
Each of the four towns in the Bradley Development League is committed to getting your project through the approval process as quickly as possible.
The key is to meet early and often with town staff so that most issues are resolved by the time an application is filed. Every town is bound by State statutory requirements for special permit and site plan applications and approval time may vary depending upon the scope and complexity of the project. However, well-developed plans can achieve approval in a matter of weeks.
The first step is to contact the appropriate staff person:
- Suffield: Bill Hawkins, Director of Planning & Development
(860) 668-3848 – email@example.com
- Windsor Locks: Jen Valentino, Director of Planning & Development
(860) 627-1447 – jvalentino@WLOCKS.com
- East Granby: Robin Newton, Town Planner
(860) 653-3444 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Windsor: Patrick McMahon, Economic Development Director
(860) 285-1877 – email@example.com
These contacts are most knowledgeable about their respective towns and can initiate the staff review process. They can provide contact information for the other departments and/or commissions that may need to be involved in the application process.