CERC is a nonprofit company specializing in economic development and marketing for local, regional, state and utility economic development entities. Funded by 10 of the state’s utility and telecommunications companies in partnership with state government, CERC (the Connecticut Economic Resource Center) also markets the state as a competitive business location.
CERC has experienced economic development practitioners and experts with the skills, the resources and the know-how to help you do whatever it takes to make your community the best it can be. When you work with CERC, you gain an expert partner that brings you — and your community — the competitive advantage you need to succeed.
Only CERC offers Connecticut economic development professionals a single source for assistance with everything from strategic planning and data gathering to implementation and follow-up.
Here are just some of the ways CERC can help:
- Update or create comprehensive economic development plans
- Determine a community’s competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Identify development best suited to a community
- Research, assemble and analyze demographic and business data
- Target companies that complement an existing business base
- Determine the fiscal and/or economic impact of proposed projects, whether retail, commercial, industrial, housing or mixed use
- Market a community or region effectively
- Link to extensive public and private resources and industry clusters
- Help you understand your local economy in a regional context
- Promote real estate
CERC is a pioneer in the development of programs, technologies and capabilities to support effective economic development. These include:
- CERC SiteFinder® — This web-based, searchable database of available commercial and industrial properties in the state also features automatic uploads to a national property listing service for additional exposure.
- CERC ProgramFinder® — This online, searchable database of state, federal and private business-assistance programs is an indispensable tool for business recruitment and retention.
- CERC DataFinder® — CERC DataFinder offers the most comprehensive set of national and Connecticut-specific demographic, business and municipal data available anywhere. This unique resource lets CERC staff and paid members select, compare and analyze information in ways never before possible, and create custom maps and reports on demand.
- Marketing — From printed materials that command attention to red-carpet tours, special events, websites, and more, CERC is the economic development community’s most comprehensive — and competitively priced — integrated marketing agency.
- Research and GIS Mapping — If the data exists, CERC’s research staff can obtain it — and then use our GIS (Geographic Information Systems) capabilities to create maps to convey the information in a compelling, understandable way.
- Connecticut’s Business Response Center — CERC operates the state’s call center and promotional website (www.YouBelongInCT.com) for businesses considering starting in, expanding within, or moving to Connecticut, providing information on public and private business assistance programs.
These are powerful tools. But CERC’s greatest value lies in the talent and commitment of its people. Their experience, knowledge and commitment to customer service have earned CERC a reputation for excellence in Connecticut’s economic development community.